August 15, 2014

Good Listener


I love the funky sound of The 1975's songs and I love it even more when they add touches of jazz (like the epic saxophone solo featured in this song).


Sky Ferreira is, in my opinion, the perfect anti-pop pop artist and it absolutely kills me that she doesn't get the recognition that she deserves. I love this song because it feels very 90s, and also her playing the role of a badass, drug dealing, gang leader in the video is pretty amazing too.


One of the great things about Jhene Aiko is her ability to completely lose herself emotionally in her songs and this one makes me want to cry over a bunch of guys that I haven't even dated. I highly recommend you listen to this if you've gone through a bad breakup, but I wouldn't suggest that you key the guy's car or go all "Waiting to Exhale" and burn all of his belongings like she did in the video.


Paolo Nutini is an eternal man crush of mine and the funk/rock/bluesy-ness of his new album is beyond perfect. This is one of those songs where you kind of have to get up and dance to it because it makes you feel that good.


Earlier this week I did a post on a mood board I made that was inspired by this song, so of course I had to feature it.

No comments:

Post a Comment