July 1, 2014

June Favorites

June Favorites pt 1

June was a particularly music influenced month. Nylon is my favorite magazine and every year I look forward to their music issue. They always do a good job about finding new artists not just in America, but all over the world. I especially loved that Haim was on the cover because they're a favorite of mine at the moment. Speaking of favorites, Lana Del Rey, my absolute favorite singer, released her third studio album Ultraviolence. I was so excited for it that I actually went to Target the day it was released and bought the physical deluxe copy of the CD. It's the first time I've bought an actual CD in six years and it's exceeded all my expectations.

I picked up a copy Lavinia Greenlaw's The Importance of Music to Girls on a whim and it was a very good read. It was interesting to see how music from coming from America influenced the author's life in her small rural England town and actually made me feel a bit more grateful to live in a country that so many other countries are attracted to.

June Favorites pt2

I've wanted a pair of high waisted shorts for long time and I seriously lucked out when I found the perfect pair on Forever 21's website. Black and incredibly comfortable, I could probably live in these shorts for the rest of my life. Another great Forever 21 find was this plaid dress. I immediately fell in love with it because it was in my three staple colors: black, white, and red. It is a bit on the short side with the front hem falling a few inches above the knee; but the back hem comes down to the top of the back of the knee so you don't have to wear shorts under it if you don't want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment