July 8, 2014

Good Listener



Lately I've started listening to Childish Gambino's Because the Internet album on repeat and I'm just as in love with it as I was the first time I listened to it. This time around, a favorite track of mine is "Sweatpants". I like how even with all the metaphors and quirky puns he uses throughout the song still keeps its rap edge.



I found this song through Spotify (which I seriously suggest every music lover download) and it took me completely by surprise. Pharrell is possibly the most talented and in demand music producer around, and to hear him rap and be so witty and fluid with his rhymes blew my mind. Of course rapping is already part of his extensive resume, but I just think that this song is particularly impressive.



San Cisco is another Spotify gem that I've discovered. Their upbeat doo-wopish sound makes for songs that have you dancing and humming in your seat. The dance competition themed music video for their song "Fred Astaire" is a perfect example of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment