July 29, 2014

July Favorites

july favorites overview
I know July hasn't completely come to a close, but I was just too excited about this post to wait the last few days. July was a pretty good month; I've been taking things easy for the most part since I'll be going off to university at the end of next month. It still hasn't quite hit me that I'll be a college student soon, but I'm sure that once I get there and start my classes I'll be fine.
july beauty
I've never been big on makeup, but I figured that I should at least know the basics of it. After looking into different makeup brands and decided on the concealer, powder, and foundation from Maybelline's Fit Me collection. My shade is #330 in the foundation and powder and #30 in the concealer. So far I'm pretty pleased with the collection; everything goes on easy and it's very lightweight so I don't feel like it's clogging my pores. I also decided to try out some lipstains and I'm loving the Revlon Colorburst Balm Stains. It took me a little while to figure out which colors would look good on me, but I decided on two balm stains: Charm (the peachy tone) and Sweetheart (the darker pink shade). One really nice surprise that I found at TJMaxx when my family was in Gulfport for the Fourth of July was this bottle of Harajuku Lovers perfume in the scent "G". Usually these fragrances go for about $40+, but I seriously lucked out and found this one for $6!
cali sweatshirt kimono
I found this sweatshirt and kimono top at Ross. The sweatshirt is insanely soft and I got it in the next size up so it's very comfortable. I'd been looking for a kimono top for the longest time, but couldn't ever find one that had a pattern that I liked. This one is black (like most of my wardrobe) and has a pinkish floral pattern. I also bought this one size larger and I'm glad that I did because it looks so flowy when I wear it.
books
These last few items are probably the best things that I bought all month. I went to Books-a-Million with my mom a few days ago and found a box set of the classic novels Jane Eyre, Wuthering Heights, and Little Women all for $5. The next day, in Walmart of all places, I found a book of all off William Shakespeare's plays. I could have cried, I was so happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment