July 23, 2014

Good Listener



I always listen to Regina Spektor when I'm working on something or feeling creative. She's very creative with her song writing and her songs are the perfect balance of upbeat and mellow to keep my imagination flowing.



"Florida Kilos" is one of the bonus tracks on the deluxe edition of Ultraviolence and it might be my new favorite. It has a very Scarface vibe and the chorus is insanely catchy.



I love the use of drums in this song because they sound really tribal and I feel it would fit well in a post apocalyptic scenario. If or when the end of the world comes, this song will be playing.



"I was scared of dentists and the dark/I was scared of pretty girls and starting conversations"
I found this song after Lorde tweeted some of the lyrics a few months ago and just recently started listening to it again. I think that Vance Joy has a very unique voice for a man, and it fits him and his songs very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment