July 11, 2014

Fourth Of July Weekend: Lookbook

This year my family decided to spend the Fourth of July with my dad's mother in Gulfport, Mississippi. The trip was extra special because my mom's mother also came with us.

Thursday

Thursday pic 1Thursday pic 2Thursday pic 3
Thursday was a traveling day so I wore this comfortable black and white tribal print romper that I found at TJMaxx back in April with a simple white cami underneath. My boots (which were the only shoes that I decided to take with me) are G by Guess.

Friday

Friday pic 1Friday pic 2
Friday was spent around family, with everyone going to the beach that evening to watch the fireworks. Since it was cool on the beach, I had my New Look denim jacket with me. When I first saw this muscle tee, I immediately fell in love with it. It's very lightweight and cropped with dropped armholes. Since I was around some older family members, I paired the top with high waisted jeans so that my stomach wasn't showing.

Saturday

Saturday pic 1Saturday pic 2
We decided to go out and look around some stores on Saturday, which gave me the perfect opportunity to debut my plaid shirt dress (as featured in my June Favorites). Since it buttons up, it would be really easy to slip it on and off when trying things on. Sadly I didn't find any clothes that I liked, but I did find a small bottle of Gwen Stefani's Harajuku Lovers perfume for $6 so the day wasn't completely wasted.

Sunday

Sunday pic 1Sunday pic 2
We left Gulfport Sunday morning, so to stay comfortable during the four hour car ride home paired my favorite muscle tee with these black high waisted shorts (also featured in my June Favorites). I hope everyone had a great holiday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment