June 21, 2014

What's In My Bag?

what's in my bag
I got the idea for this post from YouTube, because lots of girls post videos of them talking about what's in their handbags. Maybe it's just me, but I've kind of always been fascinated by what other girls carry in their handbags. You know the phrase "you can tell a lot about a person by how they dress"? Well, you can tell a lot about a girl by what's in her bag.

The Essentials
phone, wallet, sunglasses
The three things that I never leave my house without are my wallet, iPhone, sunglasses, and keys. Sadly, there are those off days where I forget my headphones at home and am forced to go through the day without music (as you can see from the picture, today was not one of those days, thankfully). My wallet is from Ross and has a little compartment for my phone, my sunglasses are from Forever 21, my purple key FOB is from an old purse, and the grey wristband is actually an Ed Sheeran wristband I bought from his online merch store.

Reading Material
things to read
I'm really big on reading, so I always try to have a book or a magazine in my bag. Right now, I'm reading the Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides. Some of my friends have already read and watched the movie and have positive things (even though it is a bit of a wrist-slasher), so I figured I'd give it a read. Vogue is one of my favorite magazines and, since I hope to one day write for a magazine, I'm always reading them and making notes on different articles, pictures, and advertisement placements (which you can see by the sticky notes sticking out from the top).

Writing Essentials
writing materials
As a writer, over the years I've learned that it's good to carry a notebook with you at all times. This particular notebook serves as a journal for any personal stuff, ideas for writing, and I sometimes glue interesting pictures that I find and want to keep. There are also some sticky notes for when I need to quickly jot something down or when I'm making notes in a magazine.

Beauty Essentials
beauty essentials
I'm not the biggest fan of makeup, but it's good to at least carry the basic mascara/eyeliner/lip balm trio. Since I wear contacts, I always have my contact case along contact solution, and in addition to smelling amazing, the mini hand sanitizers from Bath and Body Works should be considered a staple for any girl's handbag.

You can find my bag from Forever 21 here

No comments:

Post a Comment