May 16, 2016

Ulta Haul


This past weekend I treated myself to a little excursion to Ulta and picked up a few goodies: three Essie nail polishes, a Burt's Bees lip balm, two Revlon lipsticks, a Maybelline Baby Lips lip gloss, and a perfume roller ball.
I'm one of the oh so lucky few that's prone to chapped lips and I've been looking for a lip balm that can work for me for the longest time. I've kept hearing over and over again that Burt's Bees is a great brand so I finally buckled down and decided to give it a try. I went with Pink Grapefruit because 1.) I love grapefruit and 2.) It's 100% natural and specifically made to moisturize lips. There were some other moisturizing options that offered a lip tint in addition to moisture, but I think I'll wait a bit to try those out.
Lipstick has been a secret guilty pleasure of mine for a while now, so I decided to indulge a bit a get not one but two new shades. I'll admit, Maybelline is my makeup brand of choice, but these shades just looked too irresistible to pass up. On the left, there's Juicy Papaya and on the right Candy Apple. Juicy Papaya is pretty sheer and gives my lips a subtle, light glossy sheen which I like. Candy Apple is a bit darker, but not much, giving me a good shade of red that doesn't make my lips look fuller than they already are.
A self confessed nail polish junkie, when I saw these three shades on clearance I just had to get them. From left to right, the nail polishes are all by Essie in the shades Shade On, Too Too Hot, and Nama-stay the Night. At the moment I'm wearing Nama-stay the Night and I'm loving it. It's a different color than I'm used to wearing but I feel like it suits me.
My favorite thing that I bought this weekend is this rollerball of Marc Jacob's Dot perfume. I've wanted to try it out for the longest and actually found it near the register when I was getting ready to check out (They put all the good stuff near the register, that's how they get you). The smell is really light, fresh, and a teeny bit sweet. I may have to invest in an actual bottle of the perfume.

No comments:

Post a Comment